For my first Nursery Storage post I decided to focus on decorative jars, and seating storage!
Making your own decorative nursery jars are super easy! All you really need is a jar, some small cute toys, and hot glue gun! I have linked here a blog that goes more in depth on how to do it and what jars she used! Also you can go more simplistic and just purchase cute jars! I also found really cute jars on etsy! But realisticly to save a buck or two, you can just do the same steps in the blog I linked and then stray paint the lid with the toy!
Things to put in jars:
- Baby/ Child Q-Tips
- Cotton Balls
- Diaper Pastes, and other creams not used daily.
- Bows/Hair Ties
Next is using Bench seating near a window for storage! Pottery Barn as a lot of cute benches here, and here are my favorite! Under the bench in the storage bins you can put sets of blankets, sheets, books, anything you really want hidden and stored away!
- Using colored accents will be your best friend! The last thing you want is a boring room with no character. Pillows are a great way to add some color to your nursery; just plop them on your rocker or glider! A solid color vase with flowers, or cute stuffed animals on shelf are also great ways to add color!
- I personally like printed sheets when doing a monochromatic room, it just adds more! Chevron, Stripes, and Polka Dots are great patterns to use!
- The elephant lamp was just too cute not to add! Now I must say the price is not very budget friendly, but I think purchasing a cute grey lamp from Target, or Walmart, then adding an elephant decal would be a great DIY opportunity! Down below I linked an Etsy store that is an elephant and monogramable ( is that a word?)! I also have added an owl decal.
- I added this leather glider mainly because I only see cloth/ fabric gliders.
Mobile & Accent Pillow
Glider & Lamp