For my first Nursery Storage post I decided to focus on decorative jars, and seating storage!
Making your own decorative nursery jars are super easy! All you really need is a jar, some small cute toys, and hot glue gun! I have linked here a blog that goes more in depth on how to do it and what jars she used! Also you can go more simplistic and just purchase cute jars! I also found really cute jars on etsy! But realisticly to save a buck or two, you can just do the same steps in the blog I linked and then stray paint the lid with the toy!
Things to put in jars:
- Baby/ Child Q-Tips
- Cotton Balls
- Diaper Pastes, and other creams not used daily.
- Bows/Hair Ties
Next is using Bench seating near a window for storage! Pottery Barn as a lot of cute benches here, and here are my favorite! Under the bench in the storage bins you can put sets of blankets, sheets, books, anything you really want hidden and stored away!
Having a monsters themed party is one of the easiest parties you can do, in my opinion!
Theme: When having any party I believe having a color theme will make everything look put together, and more cohesive! For a monsters birthday party I would choose light blues, and greens!
Cupcakes: There are tons of pictures on Pinterest, I have linked monster cupcakes for you, and not just pinterest.com
- I would color the cupcakes pertaining to the theme.
- Eye(s): Cut a marshmallow in half so it wont be too out there, then place an M&M or a chocolate chip in the center; So this would hold I would use a dab of icing to act as glue!
- Mouth: I think using gummy worms would be the cutest thing ever! But Twizzlers or candy rope would still look nice!
- To spice up plastic or paper cups all you have to do is glue on googly eyes to them. Also if you want to get a little more festive you can cut out teeth, and mouths to go on them,
- If you want to take the fancy more sophisticated route you can create labels for the cups, or buy them here, or here. *Those two links also have more than labels for water bottles.* If you decide to decorate the cupcakes then you can just glue on the paper cupcake toppers to the cups.!
- Monsters themed stickers, & temporary tattoos.
- Bubbles (you can even make your own label for them on Photoshop or PicMonkey.com)
- Small toys
- & a little bit of candy