For my first Nursery Storage post I decided to focus on decorative jars, and seating storage!
Making your own decorative nursery jars are super easy! All you really need is a jar, some small cute toys, and hot glue gun! I have linked here a blog that goes more in depth on how to do it and what jars she used! Also you can go more simplistic and just purchase cute jars! I also found really cute jars on etsy! But realisticly to save a buck or two, you can just do the same steps in the blog I linked and then stray paint the lid with the toy!
Things to put in jars:
- Baby/ Child Q-Tips
- Cotton Balls
- Diaper Pastes, and other creams not used daily.
- Bows/Hair Ties
Next is using Bench seating near a window for storage! Pottery Barn as a lot of cute benches here, and here are my favorite! Under the bench in the storage bins you can put sets of blankets, sheets, books, anything you really want hidden and stored away!
My style is very minimalistic when it comes to décor, I do not like big tacky things with designs everywhere! Simplistic, functional, and cute furniture is best for me! With that said I absolutely love the Monte Design Ninna Nanna Bassinet, actually I love all Monte Designs furniture! To me their furniture is timeless and classy, I could see me purchasing a lot from them in the future!
This bassinet comes in a few options; Charcoal Bassinet with a Gloss White Base&, a Stone Bassinet with a Dark Brown Base. I personally like the dark brown base*.
- This high chairs pretty nice too! http://www.montedesign.net/tavo_chair.html#.Usxb71go7IU
I personally only like a handful of word names, but I know a lot of people who love word names! These names are for you guys!
*These are my favorite out of the bunch!
- Using colored accents will be your best friend! The last thing you want is a boring room with no character. Pillows are a great way to add some color to your nursery; just plop them on your rocker or glider! A solid color vase with flowers, or cute stuffed animals on shelf are also great ways to add color!
- I personally like printed sheets when doing a monochromatic room, it just adds more! Chevron, Stripes, and Polka Dots are great patterns to use!
- The elephant lamp was just too cute not to add! Now I must say the price is not very budget friendly, but I think purchasing a cute grey lamp from Target, or Walmart, then adding an elephant decal would be a great DIY opportunity! Down below I linked an Etsy store that is an elephant and monogramable ( is that a word?)! I also have added an owl decal.
- I added this leather glider mainly because I only see cloth/ fabric gliders.
Mobile & Accent Pillow
Glider & Lamp
For girl nurseries I tend to like classy and feminine rooms versus themed rooms like princess, or fairies.
- I think very light pink walls would look really nice with the items I posted in the picture.
- The wall decals are from a shop on Etsy called UrbanWalls, in their patterns tab which is linked below, they have gold polka dots in a few sizes, hearts, and even cat face decals! I think these decals would make any nursery ten times cuter!
- The rest of the items in the picture are from Pottery Barn Kids. The light pink chevron sheets would tie in with the girly polka dots, & the beautiful vintage feeling crib!
- I personally love monograms and think they bring more personality to homes. These monogramed letters come in a variety of sizes, I personally would purchase the white one and paint it with the same room paint, then hang it up on the polka dot wall to add a little bit more dimension!
- LINKS- http://www.etsy.com/shop/urbanwalls?section_id=7108486&page=1
My favorite nursery theme hands down has to be sea/ ocean inspired! I think this theme is less used than the typical safari theme for boys rooms.
- http://projectnursery.com/projects/henrys-nautical-nursery/ This site has amazing nursery ideas from real moms! Some list where they got everything, even the paint color!
- http://www.etsy.com/shop/WallsNeedLove I found these cute anchor decals from this Etsy shop! They also have a chevron print decal which would look fantastic in this room!
- You can most likely pick up fishnets at a craft store along with some wooden letters and paint! This would look nice over the crib. http://www.etsy.com/shop/SeashellCollection?section_id=12870790 Using this like will direct you to another Etsy shop where you can find small starfish, sand dollars, and seashells to attach to the net.
Harrison – Dexter-
- Meaning- Son of Harry
- Origin- English
- Ranking- 181
- Possible Middle Names- Dane, Alexander, Knox, Grant, & Jude.
Sawyer– Lost- Unisex
- Meaning- Woodcutter
- Origin- English
- Ranking- 147
- Possible Middle Names- James, Arden, Colby, Josiah, & Lawson
- Extra- I prefer this name for a boy rather a girl, then again I absolutely loved Sawyers character in Lost so I may be bias on that!
Reid– Criminal minds
- Meaning- Red Headed
- Origin- English
- Ranking- 292
- Possible Middle Names- Thomas, Stephan, Lawrence, & Charles
Jase– Duck Dynasty
- Meaning- Healer
- Origin- American
- Ranking- 304
- Possible Middle Names- Nolan, Gavin, Trenton, & Alexander
Manny– Modern Family
- Meaning- God is with us, shorter form of Manuel
- Possible Middle Names- Isaac, Rowan,& Jude
Cruz- General Hospital
- Meaning- The Cross of Christ
- Origin- Spanish
- Ranking- 284
- Possible Middle Names- Xavier. Isaiah, Elias, & Pierce